Tax planning for investments in U.S. real estate can provide Foreign Investors with many opportunities a few of which can be used to. . .
- Completely avoid certain U.S. income and capital gains taxes that might otherwise apply to Foreign Investors.
- There are possibilities to reduce U.S. taxes by reducing the taxable income from those investments by the deduction of expenses related to the investment. Often these expenses will reduce the taxable income in the U.S. but not the cash flow received by the Foreign Investor.
- It is possible to completely eliminate profits from gains earned from the sale of U.S. assets;
- It is possible to completely avoid the U.S. gift taxes and “estate” taxes on real estate investments.
- In the situation where taxes are owed, the payment to these taxes can be delayed for long periods of time into the future.
I hope this raises your interest as an investor or immigrant to the United States. Please contact my office with any U.S. Tax Questions.